February 1, 2023
We are officially 3 months from registration opening for our 2023 Texas 4-H Roundup. I wanted to provide some general information that we know as of now so you can begin preparing.
Be watching social media as your 2022-2023 Texas 4-H Council members announce this year’s Theme! The first clue was released today at Noon.
HOTEL ROOM BLOCK
Information is posted here and will update frequently https://texas4hroundup.blogspot.com/2023/01/2023-texas-4-h-roundup-hotel.html
TENTATIVE TIMELINE FOR THE WEEK OF THE 2023 TEXAS 4-H ROUNDUP
Sunday, June 4 – Monday, June 5
Healthy Texas Youth Ambassador Super Summit (by invitation for new and returning HTYA Ambassadors)
Monday, June 5
1:00 pm – 7:00 pm - Registration Opens
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm – College / Career Fair
5:30 pm – 7:00 pm – Keynote Speaker
7:00 pm – 8:30 pm - At-Large Elections
8:30 pm – 10:00 pm – Kickoff Event
Tuesday, June 6 – Thursday, June 8
7:00 am – 6:30 pm – Registration Open (Headquarters will be Reed Arena)
Contests – times/locations vary by contest
Workshops – times/locations vary by workshop
Trade Show – working to finalize the exact days for the Trade Show which will be held along the concourse of Reed Arena
6:00 pm – Pre-Assembly Activity
7:00 pm – Assembly
9:00 pm – Post Assembly Activity
All Monday events will be held in Reed Arena along with the Tuesday – Thursday nightly Assemblies.
BRINGING BACK in 2023
• Reed Arena central hub for activities
• Name lanyards for attendees
• Roundup T-shirt design contest (will release details as soon as Theme is revealed)
• National Anthem Auditions
• 4-H Talent Showcase (formerly Share the Fun) - 1st place winners will perform Wednesday/Thursday evening respectively
• Scholars will be recognized by Districts during each nightly assembly. Each name will be called so Scholars have a chance to step forward and be recognized on stage.
• Trade Show along the Reed Arena Concourse
ADDING in 2023
• District Pre-Assembly activity (Tuesday – Thursday)
• Monday Kick Off Event – More details to come but I promise you DON’T WANT TO MISS IT!! So, plan your travel accordingly.
• All exclusive week-long pass that covers contests and workshop opportunities. No separate charges this year for workshops and contests. Day passes will be an option, however that will only grant access for that single day of events including assemblies. If you want to attend events the night before/after your day pass, you would need the All Exclusive pass or purchase daily passes for multiple days. As we work to finalize our budget, registration pricing will be released soon.
HERE TO STAY
• High quality, state competitions for our Senior level (9th -12th grade) 4-H members
• Recognition of our 4-H members and volunteers
• College/Career Fair
• Workshops to provide youth and adults opportunities to network when not competing
• High energy assemblies
• Door prizes
• Networking opportunities with 4-H members from across Texas
• Parking permits through A&M Transportation, will require you to enter a license plate for your vehicle when purchasing your event permit – sorry this one is out of my control 😊
Additional registration information will be released in March. Registration will be on 4HOnline starting May 1. Both youth and adults attending will need to register. We encourage adults to go ahead and get their profiles set up in 4HOnline to pre-register. Onsite registration will be available this year for those attending just assemblies. Workshops and contest participation will require registration through 4HOnline for both youth/adults. We are looking forward to seeing everyone June 5-8, 2023 in Bryan/College Station and on the campus of Texas A&M University!